I've seen a few articles about the fact that more students are taking AP tests. And more students are failing (getting a 1 or 2) on the AP exams. I'm going to be honest - I really don't care so much about the exact numbers or stats. I just think that it's great that more students are willing to try to take the AP exams. I feel that they have nothing to loose - it is cheaper to take the test then it is to pay for the credits to take it at a college.
When I was in high school, I took 3 AP classes. One my sophomore year (US history), 1 my junior year (European history), and 1 my senior year (psychology). The only one that I got credit for was psychology. That being said, I am still glad that I took the other 2 classes. I know (even then I knew) that I was not devoting enough time to my studies. I knew that I probably wouldn't pass the history exams before I took them. But I liked how they were set up. I liked how they gave me greater responsibility for my learning. It showed me what college was going to be like - the skills I was going to need to work on.
I ended up doing great in college - I graduated with honors. So I say, keep pushing the AP classes!!!
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/11/education/11college.html?ref=education
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment