So way back in my senior year of high school I made a Facebook page. Back then, Facebook was new. Only people who were associated with a college and who had a college email address were able to make a Facebook account. Only people who were your friends could access the information. Everyone else used MySpace or something similar. I purposely elected to avoid MySpace and similar sites because EVERYONE had access to your information. I made a Facebook page because there were some "pretty good" privacy settings on it. It's fair to say that I felt pretty safe on it.
But hello changes! I'm not too happy with all the changes in privacy setting that Zuckerberg has made. I don't want all my stuff out on google or any other search engine. I don't want random people looking at my profile. And I'm seriously considering deleting it- especially since I'll be looking for out-of-state jobs soon. Not that I have anything worth "hiding," I lead a fairly boring and typical life. It's just that I don't want everyone to have all my information. That's how identities get stolen - and according to TV commercials, identity stealing is an ever growing field.
Anyways, here's a link that I thought was helpful. It was on the ReadWriteWeb RSS feed.
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/the_3_facebook_settings_every_user_should_check_now.php
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment