Monday, January 18, 2010

Thanks for the suggestions :)

So I think that I might finally getting the hang of this blogging / google reader thing :) yay! Next thing to tackle is the wiki!
I’m going to try to get Firefox onto my computer when I get home (borrowed dad’s work laptop and am currently at Panera ). When I googled my issue yesterday, I found that as a suggestion so I'm hopping it'll work. Thanks for the suggetion !
New in my world – my boyfriend is switching from Verizon to AT&T for his phone service. This means that he is getting the iPhone! (I mean why else would one switch to AT&T if not for the new gadgets???) This means that I get his fancy new 16 g, touch-screen, connect to wi-fi, has a million aps ipod! That’s right – I’m 23 and I’m finally getting an (used) ipod!!!! As if I’m going to use any where near 1g on it… It'll be one more piece of "technology" for me to learn to use.

On my google reader, one of the articles that I was looking at is called "2010 Trends: Sensors & Mobile Phones" It's by Richard McManus and it's part of my ReadWriteWeb RSS. Apparently the iPhone has a bunch of built in sensors. There's one for noise, ambient lighting, temperature, and proximity. According to McManus, the iPhone has a built in accelerometer which is a motion decetor. This is used for playing games and "re-sizing your iPhone display from portrait to landscape." Your phone collects all this "real-time data" from you and stores it. I guess the ida is to let others know about traffic jams etc... using your accelerometer. Could be helpful, but I feel like this might end up being a "big brother" kind of a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment