So I got up this morning and I listened to the news on TV as I was getting ready. J.D. Salinger, a famous author, died. :( Like so many others, I had to read "Catcher in the Rye" in high school. I loved it, despite the fact that Holden swore in pretty much every sentence. I still read it occasionally when I have "free time" and no library books around. "Catcher" was pretty much his only book that I liked. I also had to read his "9 Stories" for school and I did not like it at all.
On the today show website, you can vote for your favorite J.D. Salinger book. "Catcher" is currently winning at 62%.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26185613/ns/today-the_new_york_times/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for sharing this info Jessy. I, too, LOVED "Catcher in the Rye." It was by far the favorite book that I read throughout highschool. This book was an emotional roller coaster and for some reason it reached out to me... Perhaps because I was an emotional roller coaster much throughout highschool! Anyways, whenever we read this story outloud in class, the teacher insisted on keeping the language the same and he would just blurt out the f-bomb and the other four letter words. It was hilarious and definitely kept the attention of all his students.
ReplyDelete