Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Recycled school supplies - very cool

Every teacher that I know spends loads of money of their classroom every year. As many of my friends and I are just beginning our careers as teachers, and trying to find/purchase classroom materials, our hard -earned cash is being rapidly spent. I stumbled across this article in my RSS in the ASCD Smart Brief. It is called "Nonprofit helps shave classroom costs with recycled supplies." In Arizona, there is a new organization called Treasueres 4 Teachers. Teachers pay a $50 fee and are then allowed to pick up "new, donated, and recyclable supplies." According to the article, large companies donate items as well as other people.
What a great way to "reduce, reuse, recycle" and teach your students about recycling and community. Not to mention cost saving. This would also be a great organization for a beginning teacher to join to get materials and great ideas from other teachers.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/01/17/20100117edsaving0117.html

No comments:

Post a Comment