Thursday, January 28, 2010

Recess then lunch

Don't you love days where you are gone from your house for 13+ hours? It's fantastic.
My boyfriend has had my laptop and will continue to have my laptop because he is correctly installing the new Microsoft 7 onto it. I muddled the 64 byte, then he couldn't get it. So now he's just going to do the 32. I don't care. I just want Google to work again on my computer! I really just want my computer back. It's that feeling like when you leave your cell phone at home for the day....

I took a "How Well do You Know Current News" test on one of my RSS feeds. I scored a 1 out of 5. Pretty pathetic since I watch the news as I get ready in the morning. As if I care about the basketball play was just suspended....

I skipped over all the hype about the iPad and read this really interesting article on why students should go out to recess first, then eat lunch. When students go out to recess first there is less food waste, less trips to the school nurse, 10 extra minutes of instructional time (students can "cool down"/"unwind" during lunch rather then during class), they loose less items such as gloves, and they eat healthier foods. I just thought this was pretty cool. I'm not really sure why ever school that I attended or have volunteered/worked at has done lunch and then recess. Guess it's tradition? What does your school do?

1 comment:

  1. I think you will like windows 7 and do not worried abut the 64 bit. I asked one of my students what the difference was between the two and it all has to do with graphics. I like the idea of recess before they eat lunch. Did they give a list of schools that did this?

    ReplyDelete